The output voltage and current are Vo and Io, respectively. Making the source current constant is L's process. Capacitor C connects in parallel with the load through the transformer as this inverter operates. As a result, it is know as a parallel inverter Static Transfer Switch .
Advantages and Disadvantages of Parallel Inverter
- It uses the simple class C commutation.
- Only two SCRS are require compare to at least four in bridge inverter configuration. (additional auxiliary SCRS are also need in bridge configuration).
- It is a simple and economical circuit.
- With the help of a filter connected on the output side, it is possible to obtain a good quality sinewave at the output.
- Commutation components do not have to bring the entire load current.
- The load voltage waveform is not dependent on the load, as it does in the series inverter.
- This circuit is suitable to handle only fixed loads.
- There is always a possibility of magnetic saturation of the core.
- The centre-tapped output transformer is essential for the operation of the circuit. The transformer efficiency will not be 100%; hence the efficiency of this type of inverter will be reduce.
How it works
A variable output voltage also output frequency must first be create by converting mains electricity into a DC voltage. A rectifier is the one also who does this task. In single-phase applications, four rectifier module diodes are need also in three-phase applications, six diodes are require. These diodes are typically 50 or 60 Hz.
A fast-switching diode is also use when a high-frequency signal needs to be rectifier. When the frequency inverter turns on, an extensive charging current travels via the diodes into the DC-link capacitor. A rectifier module with half-control and thyristors for phase-controller modulation can be use also to limit the charge current.
High-frequency inverter make up a sizable portion of the retail market. They frequently cost less, have smaller footprints, and may handle industrial loads less well. High - Frequency inverters use also numerous smaller transformers and have more than twice as many components.